Wednesday, November 4, 2009

I don’t have a great internet connection here so I am first doing this in word and then will copy it to the blogsite (I hope). I am here at the Hilton head marina right on the icw (hope that the passer by boats will stop this evening – nice place but nothing here. Another great day on the icw – left Charleston at 8:30 am and arrived here at about 1:30 pm – refueled and I am done for today – well never done – cleanup/prepare for tomorrow and retied the dinghy (????) – if I can get an early start tomorrow I am going to try to make Jekyll – about 125 miles. If that works the rest of the trip should be easy – then again so far I have been real lucky with good weather. Okay – this is a request – the fish that I am seeing I believe are bullnose dolphins not porpoise (any comments) – in any case they are still not jumping my wake yet – maybe that is a Florida thing. Their were many man made cuts that connect one river to another or what ever. About noon today fighter jets were flying over – believe that they were from the marine corps air station at brickyard creek. I took a picture of a yacht/ship that I believe was from London – if I can upload it I will (it was pretty big)

Btw they should rename the “mega dock” at Charleston City marina to “thruster dock” – that was all that one hears when these yachts are pulling out.

That is it for now – take care and have fun

1 comment:

  1. Great Jim, glad the weather is cooperating for you and things are going well so far. Your pics of the ICW make me long to be back in Florida again, even if we don't stay on the ICW very long before crossing the stream. But what few days we had on the ICW were wonderful. It's quite interesting to see what you're capturing of the Carolinas, so one day we'll have to leave the trailer at home and take the water road all the way down.

    Hey, if you get bored in Stuart, you can always ICW down to Palm Beach for a little bit too (or even further). Sailfish is truly worth a visit, especially on a Thursday night.

    --Kurt

    ReplyDelete